Knox Area Weekend To Do List, August 11-13, 2023
Did you love the 80's? Or maybe you think the 80's would have been gnarly! Then this party is for you! All Bueller, Lauper, and Madonna fans should gather together at Ancient Lore Village for dinner and a party! There will be trivia, music, a costume contest, and more. Dinner will be caesar salad, spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread, and chocolate lava cake with macerated berries.
The cost is $39/person.
Eat & Drink: Mimosas & Brunch at Last Days of Autumn
Where: Last Days of Autumn Brewing / 808 E Magnolia Ave. Knoxville
Head to Last Days on Sunday for mimosas by the bottle or the glass. Each Sunday they have a brunch menu that includes items like their blue crab cake benedict, classic eggs benedict, sausage gravy biscuits, and cubans sandwiches. They will rotate other brunch specials on a weekly basis so head on over for brunch and mimosas!
Cooling time requires candles to be picked up the following day (or at another arranged time).
Pour 1 - $25 | Pour 2 - $45 | Pour 3 - $60
Prepare to be impressed with this updated one-level rancher in a beautiful country setting! The house has been completely remodeled with new floors, new windows, new HVAC, new granite counters in the kitchen, new kitchen appliances, and freshly painted inside and out! 3 BD, 1.5 baths along with a huge eat-in kitchen open to the living room, extra large den/family room and a 29 X 15 Sunroom with its own heating/cooling unit. The home sits on 1.05 acres and is completely fenced with a circular driveway for easy access. Included is an oversized detached two car garage (34 X 22) with 2 garage doors, large workshop area, 220/110V, wall a/c. Attached to the garage is a one car carport and 8 X 24 storage area. An additional 19 X 15 Studio/Guest Suite with its own heating/air unit, full bath and attached 13 X 12 covered deck is off of the brand new deck on the back of the house. This property is within a few miles of Norris Lake marinas and close to ATV trails. This could easily be converted to an overnight rental. Furniture is negotiable. Low Taxes!! Buyer to verify all information and square footage.
Family: Hummingbird Festival
Where: Ijams Nature Center / 2915 Island Home Ave. Knoxville
Celebrate all things wings at the 2023 Ijams Hummingbird Festival! You'll have a great time while you experience birds up close and learn about the wonder of wildlife with wings! Space is limited. Activities will be held on the Ijams Homesite lawn and surrounding areas.
Your ticket includes:
- Bird Banding Station - Get a behind-the scenes look at how scientists capture birds, how they are banded, and why banding is important with certified master bander Mark Armstrong! This year, the bird banding station will capture ALL birds, including hummingbirds!
- Ijams Animal Ambassadors - Get up close and personal with some of the animals who call Ijams home. Learn more about and experience close encounters with birds of prey like owls, a hawk. and a falcon!
- Guided Nature Nerd Hikes - Join Ijams teacher naturalists on guided walks that focus on a variety of bird-related topics and nerd out on nature. Explore Ijams' trails to witness the natural wonders that are available year-round!
- Educational Booths and Activities - Experience educational and engaging activities for all ages under the big tent! You'll explore and celebrate the wonders of birds and all things with wings.
- Community Science Opportunities - Learn how to do real research NOW; it's easier than you think!
- Dipnetting - Explore the ponds to look for life with Ijams educators! You'll find salamanders, frogs, turtles, butterflies, dragonflies, beetles, and other winged creatures during their aquatic stages of life!
- Partner Booths - Enjoy visiting festival sponsors, environmental organizations, and other partners doing amazing things in the local community that help protect all things winged.
- Educational Materials for Parents and Families - Get fun, educational materials to work on with your kids at home!
- Adults - $15
- Members - $10 (Use CODE: MEMBERHummingFest)
- Children (2-12) - $8 (Use CODE: CHILDHummingFest)
- Children under 2 - FREE (no need to register)
Watch & Listen: Knox Comedy Film Fest 3
Where: Central Cinema / 1205 N Central St. Knoxville
Join Knox By Night productions for the long-awaited third installment of their FREE Knox Comedy Film Fest, featuring comedic short films from creators around the region.
This year’s films include Mamadita, Let It Snow Man 2, Kitty Clove Goes To Bible Study, Traffic Stop, Silence Is Golden, Punch The Boss, Old Guys, Stayin’ Alive, Hops, Sons Of Pitches, Hey Arnold, The Switch, Check Please, Printer Problems, The Ballad Of Buzz Buzz, The Disillusionist, Speed Game, and At Large.
Doors open at 6pm, films start at 6:30pm. Seating is limited and handled on a first come, first served basis. The Knox Comedy Film Fest films will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges and awards & prize money will be presented at the end of the night; for more information check out the KCFF Facebook page.
Festival Fun: Irish Fest on the Hill
Celebrate all things Irish with live Irish music, Irish food and beer, Gaelic Men Games Demo, Irish desserts, silent auction, and historic church tours.
Admission is $10, kids and dogs are free.
Check out the schedule of events here. Food will include: shepherd's pie (beef & veggie), corned beer & cabbage, reuben & chips, grilled cheese & chips, bangers & chips, mac & cheese, beer, wine, irish coffee, and more!
Get The Great Life RE Weekend To Do List Delivered To Your Inbox Each Week