Knox Area Weekend To Do List, May 28-30, 2021
Check out this edition of the Great Life RE Weekend To Do List! While we try to find activities and events that promote social distancing and a safe environment please always use your own judgment when attending any activity or function.
Where: Marble Springs State Historic Site / 1220 W Govenor John Sevier Hwy. Knoxville
Tennessee's 225th Statehood anniversary is right around the corner! Join in for a day of festivities to celebrate this momentous occasion on May 30th from 12-4 pm. Admission is FREE and open to the public!
Marble Springs' Statehood Day Festival will include vendors with local goods, treats, and trinkets for all to enjoy. Open a window to the past with living historians, historic crafts, and a local militia with an interactive hands-on experience.
Be sure not to miss a lecture on "Colonial Drumming: Practices and Purposes" at 1 PM by Dr. Dale Disney of The University of Tennessee. We will explore the history of drumming and how it was performed and used in the colonial era!
Funding has been provided by Humanities Tennessee and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act economic stabilization plan of 2020.
Eat & Drink: Knoxville's Caribbean Jerk Festival
Where: World's Fair Park, Knoxville
Knoxville are you ready?! We are bringing the Island Vibe to you!
There will be a variety of Jerk and Caribbean food, live entertainment featuring the top Caribbean and international musicians, domino and spades tournament, a special kid’s zone and several other activities for the whole family!
Come and experience the Caribbean right here in Knoxville at the World’s Fair Park.
You'll take on five rounds of fun games through Let’s Roam’s next-level video call software. Virtual Games you’ll experience:
- Trivia: 8,000+ questions, 60+ categories including Rom-Coms, History, 90’s Music, Disney, and more. Get down to quiz-ness and go brain-to-brain with your friends.
- Charades: Can your team guess what you’re acting out? This classic party game has gone virtual. Dozens of themed categories to choose from.
- Let’s Draw: This is Pictionary with a virtual twist. Guess what your friends are drawing before time runs out.
- Trivia About You: Find out how well people know you! Fill out a short questionnaire, and Let’s Roam’s platform will auto-generate personalized questions.
- Drinking Games: For the party animals, this themed game night option offers drinking games and drinking-themed challenges.
No more spreadsheets, third party video software, and game night chaos. Our game is bundled right into our custom video call software. Access your virtual game night on a desktop, laptop, or tablet.
Listed by: Megan Branam, eXp Realty (865) 686-2087
Family: Free Family Night at The MUSE
Where: MUSE Knoxville / 516 N. Beaman St. Knoxville
Watch & Listen: Constellations of the Night Sky
Join Ranger Mike on Sunday May 30th at 9:30 pm at the Norris Dam State Park pool parking lot for a look at the night sky constellations. He will show you a cool app to download so that you to can find the night sky constellations.
Register for this event on the tnstateparks website.
Memorial Day: Reading of the Names Ceremony
American Legion Post 2 will be having their annual Reading of the Names Ceremony.