Knox Area Weekend To Do List, October 20-22, 2023
Visit the Annual Fall Apple Festival at Washington Presbyterian Church. All proceeds from the festival goes towards missions in our area. There will be Apple Butter, Fried Apple Pies, Apple Cider, Apple Pie Contest, Granny's Attic, Country Market, Kids Activities, Silent Auction, Live Music, and Much More!
They will have everything you need to host a great Vols Football Party that day! Canned goods, baked goods, pulled pork lunch (available to-go), and so much more!
This is a cash-only event.
Eat & Drink: Wisconsin Fish Fry
Where: Last Days of Autumn Brewing / 900 E Magnolia Ave. NE, Knoxville
A Wisconsin Fish Fry is a popular and iconic meal in the state of Wisconsin. It's typically served at various establishments such as small town taverns, old school supper clubs, brewery beer halls, churches, and historic joints. The main components of a Wisconsin Fish Fry include:
- Beer Batter Fried Fish: This is typically the centerpiece of the meal. White fish, often perch or cod, is coated in a beer batter and deep-fried until crispy and golden brown. The batter gives the fish a flavorful and crunchy exterior.
- Tartar Sauce: Tartar sauce is a creamy condiment made from mayonnaise or aioli mixed with pickles, capers, and various seasonings. It's often served as a dipping sauce for the fried fish.
- German-Style Potato Pancakes: These are typically thin, crispy potato pancakes served with sour cream. They are a popular side dish that complements the fried fish.
- Coleslaw: Coleslaw is a cold salad made from shredded cabbage and carrots mixed with a creamy dressing. It provides a refreshing contrast to the fried items on the plate.
- Rye Bread: Rye bread is often served as a side, and it can be enjoyed with butter or used to make sandwiches with the fish.
The Fish Fry is a social and communal event where people gather to enjoy these delicious dishes. It's a tradition that dates back many years in Wisconsin. Since the Packers take on the Broncos on Sunday Last Days of Autumn thought it was a good time for their Wisconsin Fish Fry to benefit Curesearch.
The Fish Fry will start at approximately 3:00pm and go until 6:00pm. The cost is $20 per person and it is all you can eat. Tickets can be purchased at this link: https://www.toasttab.com/last-days-of-autumn-brewing
Three of your favorite things all in one place! Yoga, puppies, and beer! In this fundraiser to support the Humane Society, Tennessee Valley you'll have an hour of laughter, smiles, and cuteness while you practice yoga with puppies! After, enjoy a discount on you first beer from Orange Hat to round out a great morning. All puppies at the event will be up for adoption!
Listed By: Lainey Jones (865)356-5003 and Eleanor Cippel (865) 712-3656, Great Life RE brokered by Real Broker
Custom-built steel-constructed home in a beautiful country setting! UNRESTRICTED 14.5 acre paradise! Surrounded by trees this 5 BD / 4.5 BA home is ready for your recreational adventures or your private oasis! Bamboo hardwood floors, cathedral ceilings, stacked stone see-through fireplace, formal dining, massive granite island in kitchen, office, den, game room, 2-story wrap-a-round covered deck, hardy board siding, his & her master closets, whirlpool tub, walk-in shower, updated primary bath with custom tile shower, new high-end water filtration system/softener, oversized 2 car garage with storage closet, partial home generator, freshly painted lower level, metal barn w/water and power (with septic available), shed & more.
Family: Trick Or Treat in the Cave
Where: Cherokee Caverns / 8524 Oak Ridge Hwy, Knoxville
Trick Or Treat in the Cave is a fun Halloween activity for the whole family. Everyone is welcome to wear your favorite Halloween costume and trick or treat along the cave path collecting tricks and treats! Enjoy themed scenes and photo ops, thousands of lights, festive music and lots of candy & fun among the stalagmites and stalactites!
Food and drink will be available for purchase that you can enjoy at the outside campfire.
The Cave is always a comfy 58 degrees. The path is stroller and wheelchair friendly. Tickets are $15 per person ages 4 and up.
Watch & Listen: Spirits of Old Gray Tour
Where: Old Gray Cemetery / 543 N Broadway St. Knoxville
The Spirits of Old Gray Tour is an exciting event that combines historical reenactments with a touch of the supernatural and a variety of activities. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect at the event:
- Walking Tours
- Bag Pipes
- Face Painting
- Food Trucks
- Wine & Beer
- Old Gray Book: Author and historian Judy Loest will be present, signing her new book "Old Gray Cemetery - Knoxville." This book will be available for purchase, and the proceeds will benefit Old Gray Cemetery, adding a charitable aspect to the event.
The event features historical reenactments, where actors portray the spirits of individuals from the past. This can be a great opportunity to learn about the history and stories of the people buried at Old Gray Cemetery.
Admission: The admission fee is $5.00 for ages 10 and up, and children under 10 can attend for free. Payment can be made in cash or credit, and no reservation is required. The event takes place rain or shine.
Parking: Parking options are available at St. John's Lutheran Church, Volunteer Ministry Center, and neighboring parking lots, making it convenient for attendees to find parking.
Shopping Fun: Spooky Saturday at The Southern Market
- Come dress in costume for your chance to win prizes
- Get a complimentary goody bag
- Refreshments and snacks
Get The Great Life RE Weekend To Do List Delivered To Your Inbox Each Week