Great Life RE Weekend List, April 20-22
Another week bites the dust! It's a big weekend in Knoxville with lots of things going on: a little thing called the Orange and White game, Dogwood Arts Festival Chalkwalk, and these few things we've picked out for you!
When: Saturday, April 21st, 10am-3pm
Where: Ijams Nature Center / 2915 Island Home Ave. Knoxville
- Meeting Time and Location: Meet at the Ijams Nature Center at 10:00 AM. They will caravan to the Trailhead (to be announced).
- ALL dogs MUST be current on all state-required vaccinations. (Flea and Tick protection is certainly recommended).
- ALL dogs MUST be on LEASH and under control of the owner/handler at all times, please!
- Hike Rating: Easy .. Dogs will have no problem with the climbs! Owners, maybe .....? ?? (There are plenty of trees to lean on!)
- Total Miles: Up to 5 miles (plenty of opportunities to turn back as needed)
- What to Bring: Water for dog and hiker, snacks and lunch for dog and hiker. Baggies for "potty pick-up" .. LEAVE NO TRACE!
Photo Courtesy of Little River Trading Facebook Page
When: Saturday, April 21st, 10am-11:59pm
Where: The Cutting Edge Classroom / 817 North Herron Rd. Knoxville
Join Knoxville's brand new chocolate shop for an all-day celebration of their opening in downtown Knoxville! They have a day packed with family fun and sweets!
- Face paining from 10 am - 12 noon
- Balloon art from 12 noon - 2 pm
- Live music by Southern Cities from 2 pm - 5 pm
- Special appearance by "Kilwins the Moose"
- Giveaways and best selling samples right off the marble table
Kilwins is excited to share this day with the Dogwood Arts Chalk Walk, the Sidewalk Sideshow and the Orange & White Game. You won't have a more fun afternoon in Downtown Knoxville so be sure to stop in!
Photo Courtesy of Kilwins Facebook Page
When: Sunday, April 22nd, 13pm
Where: Norris Dam State Park / 125 Village Green Cir, Lake City
$2.00 fee to defer cost of materials
Register at https:// tnstateparks.com/events, filter by East TN & scroll for this event at Norris Dam
Earth Day is our day to honor the planet that we have been given to protect and preserve for future generations.
Join Ranger Allison at the Park office to use recycled materials to create a beautiful sun-catching image of our planet earth to take home.
Remember: If you love the Earth it will love you back!
Photo Courtesy of Norris Dam State Park
Buy: Just Listed - Douglas Lakefront Lot
Listed by: Great Life RE
Contact: Great Life RE Agent Lainey Jones (865) 356-5003 and Eleanor Cippel (865) 712-3656.
Douglas Lake, Main Channel! Almost 1 Acre, Year Round Lakefront with nearly 200 Ft of shoreline and boasting an Amazing Beachfront that walks right Into the water. The lot is also conveniently located next to the public boat ramp.
Family: SideWalk SideShow
When: Saturday, April 21st, 1pm-5pm
Where: Downtown Knox - Gay Street and Old City
A whimsical, wondrous, wacky afternoon in Downtown Knox! You'll find jugglers, stilt walkers, giant puppets, unicyclists, musicians, marching bands, aerialists, hoopers, poi, contact staff spinners, and more all along Gay Street and around the Old City...something around every corner. It's downtown like you've never seen it before. (Rain Date: April 22)
Photo Courtesy of Downtown Knoxville Facebook Page
Get To Know: Jamie Lucas
Jamie is an Affiliate Broker at Great Life RE. She previously worked for a title company in the post-closing department and advanced to the Accounting department where she realized her passion for Real Estate and began pursuing her dream of being a Realtor. Jamie lives in West Knoxville with her husband and two daughters. She loves to spend time with her family and make memories along the way.
Affiliate Broker, Great Life RE
Watch and Listen: Red NOT Chili Peppers
When: Saturday, April 21st, 6pm-11pm
Where: The Shed Smokehouse & Juke Joint / 1820 W Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Maryville
Check the band name twice, it’s the Red NOT Chili Peppers! One of the nation’s most popular touring bands is coming to The Shed for the first time ever! They will be rocking all your favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers classics!Soulfinger will open up the show!Tickets $10 online or $15 at the gate.Gates open at 6pm.
Photo Courtesy of Red Not Chili Peppers Facebook Page
Have a great weekend! Let us know if you give something on our list a try!