The Best Burrito in Tennessee
Thursday, April 7th, 2022, is National Burrito Day! Who doesn't love a good burrito?
Where can you find the best burritos in America? The answer is highly personal, but Yelp has given us a place to start.
The popular review website identified businesses in every state that serve burritos, then ranked those spots based on the number and quality of reviews between January 2019 and February 2022.
Joliza’s Tacos in Long Beach earned the top spot in California, a state with an especially crowded and competitive burrito market.
La Victoria in Dallas ranked as No. 1 in Texas. The restaurant is famous for its “Zack Attack” breakfast burrito that’s so big, one reviewer said it was the length of her forearm.
So who has the best burrito in Tennessee????
Victor's Taco Shop is the winner!
Victor's website reads,
"The journey started back in 2004 in Phoenix AZ. Home two plenty of taco shops that migrated from the West Coast. As for Victor and his family the opportunity to establish a business in Phoenix Arizona Was very minimal at the time, though his family was very familiar with the Mexican food in the (taco shop) business they decided to head towards Nashville and settle, hoping to one day make their dream come true in owning their own business and down the road involve his sons with the family business.
As of now Victor his sons and in-laws, have opened their first locations in Bellevue, Knoxville, Columbia and Cookeville!! Victors family is very excited with the growth and plan to corner in middle Tennessee!"
Victor's now has six locations across Tennessee with two Knoxville locations.
Find them at: 2121 Cumberland Ave. Knoxville, TN 37926 and 10826 Hardin Valley Rd. Knoxville, TN 37932
If all this buritto talk has you craving Mexican food, here’s where Yelp says you can find the best across the United States:
- Alaska (Anchorage): Oscar’s Taco Grande
- Alabama (Hoover): Taqueria Juarez
- Arkansas (Little Rock): The Fold: Botanas & Bar
- Arizona (Phoenix): Testal
- California (Long Beach): Joliza’s Tacos
- Colorado (Denver): Santos Cafe & Mexican Grill
- Connecticut (Stratford): Ay Güey Comida Mexicana
- Delaware (Wilmington): El Diablo Burritos
- Florida (Panama City Beach): Diego’s Burrito Factory
- Georgia (Flowery Branch): Big Burritos Mexican Grill
- Hawaii (Haleiwa): Surf N Salsa
- Iowa (Sioux City): La Juanita Restaurant
- Idaho (Coeur d’Alene): El Paisa Mexican Food
- Illinois (Chicago): Mixteco Mexican Grill
- Indiana (Fishers): Burritos & Beer
- Kansas (Overland Park): La Fuente Mexican Street Food
- Kentucky (Louisville): New Wave Burritos
- Louisiana (New Orleans): Juan’s Flying Burrito
- Massachusetts (Franklin): Santa Fe Burrito Grill
- Maryland (Bethesda): Fish Taco
- Maine (Yarmouth): Bruce’s Burritos
- Michigan (Troy): Oaxaca Mexican Food
- Minnesota (Minneapolis): Brito’s Burrito
- Missouri (Kansas City): Burrito Bros
- Mississippi (Horn Lake): West Coast Burrito
- Montana (West Glacier): La Casita
- North Carolina (Charlotte): Mal Pan
- North Dakota (Minot): El Azteca
- Nebraska (Omaha): Javi’s Tacos
- New Hampshire (Nashua): California Burritos
- New Jersey (Hackensack): Bro-Ritos
- New Mexico (Albuquerque): El Paisa
- Nevada (Las Vegas): Raging Tacos
- New York (New York): Summer Salt
- Ohio (Cincinnati) : Jorge’s Taco Food Truck
- Oklahoma (Tulsa): Calaca Fresh Mex
- Oregon (Portland): Saint Burrito
- Pennsylvania (Philadelphia): El Purepecha
- Rhode Island (Newport): Tijuana Burrito Grill
- South Carolina (Hilton Head Island): Java Burrito Company
- South Dakota (Sioux Falls): Tortilleria Hernandez
- Tennessee (Knoxville): Victor’s Taco Shop
- Texas (Dallas): La Victoria
- Utah (Green River): Tacos La Pasadita
- Virginia (Richmond): Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant
- Vermont (Burlington): New World Tortilla
- Washington (Seattle): Gordito’s
- Washington, D.C.: The Well Dressed Burrito
- Wisconsin (Madison): El Rancho Mexican Grill
- West Virginia (Lansing): The Burrito Bar at Breeze Hill
- Wyoming (Casper): Pancho’s