Weekend To Do List, July 5-7, 2019
Do: Made in TN Night at Mast Store Knoxville
When: Friday, July 5th, 5pm-8pm
Where: Mast General Store / 402 South Gay St. Knoxville
It's a special night celebrating the culinary and creative talents in the Volunteer State!
Mast General Store is bringing together several of their favorite vendors and neighbors who showcase their talents everyday in the products they share with customers and guests including:
• Gayla Seale - you could say this local artist has a magnetic personality - check out her magnets!
• Danielle Asher - she'll be signing her children's book My Friend the Sunsphere.
• Giving up salt doesn't mean you have to give up flavor - try the Red Hot Sprinkle from Olde Virden's Tennessee Pepper Co.
• Harper's Naturals Skin Care Products was created out of necessity to provide relief from an auto immune disease, now it's a go-to to take care of skin and hair naturally! Meet the creator.
• Lodge Cast Iron has been made in TN for more than a century, and it's used and loved by grandmas and chefs alike.
• Matlin Farms is a family-owned and operated business making premium dog treats from 100% chicken & pork. Fido says, "Mmm, mmm! I'll have some more, please."
• Meet Laura Still and let her share a little bit of Knoxville's haunted history - she'll be signing her Haunted Knoxville book.
• Did you know that our friends from Refill Coffee Cart also make smoothies in the summer? Discover more about their refreshing treats!
• If you are looking for a special gift for dad, a graduate, a good client, or best friend, you might want to consider something from Colonel Littleton Ltd., Inc. Made in Lynnville, TN, these products are crafted to last a lifetime.
There's one other element to this special evening! They are celebrating 110 years of the Bijou Theatre with a raffle to win tickets to an upcoming concert and an opportunity to round up your purchase to the next dollar to make a donation to this venerable institution of entertainment and education.
Make sure to register for the drawings held every 15 minutes starting at 6:30 p.m.
Photo Courtesy of Mast General Store Facebook Page
Eat & Drink: Dixie Lee Farmers Market
When: Saturday, July 6th, 9am-12pm
Where: Renaissance Farragut / 12700-12800 Block of Kingston Pike, Farragut
Farmers Markets are about shortening the distance between producer and consumer - bringing fresher products to your family. Fresh Vegetables, Wholesome Pastured Meats, and of course long lasting Fresh Flowers. Visit the Dixie Lee Farmer's Market for Farraguts finest and freshest.
Photo Courtesy of Dixie Lee Farmers Market Facebook Page
Try: Medicinal and Edible Plant Hike
When: Saturday, July 6th, 8am-10am
Where: Seven Islands State Birding Park / 2809 Kelly Ln, Kodak
Before there were pharmacies and grocery stores conveniently located in communities, people had to find natural remedies for common ailments and sources of food by using the plants found in nature. Join Seasonal Interpretive Ranger Stephanie as she guides participants on a 2 mile hike along the trails of Seven Islands to explore the plants used historically for medicinal purposes and also as a food source. The blackberries and black raspberries in the park should be ripe and available for picking. Participants will be allowed to pick their own berries to take home with them, so please bring a container to carry them in!
Please wear appropriate shoes and clothing, including long pants and preferably a shirt with long sleeves, since the blackberry and black raspberry plants do have thorns and can scratch your skin. Please bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and bug spray. We will meet at the Bluebird Barn on Kelly Ln at 8:00AM. Registration for this program is $5 per adult (16+ yrs), but children are welcome to attend at no additional charge with an accompanying adult. If you have any questions regarding this program please contact Seasonal Interpretive Ranger Stephanie at [email protected] or by cell phone 715-630-6848.
***Pre-Registration is REQUIRED for this program. Please follow link below and then click REGISTER FOR EVENT to reserve your spot.***
Photo Courtesy of Seven Islands State Birding Park Facebook Page
Buy: Remodeled North Knoxville Cottage
Listed By: Great Life RE brokered by eXp Realty
Contact: Christine McInerney (865) 237-5289
This home is a no brainer. Here's the breakdown: Remodeled Cottage in North Knox + .3 acre yard + new interior (paint, flooring, fixtures, bathroom, kitchen, water heater) + new roof + 2 car garage/workshop + fenced rear yard + freshly poured driveway + within 3 miles to all the hottest breweries and downtown eateries + bike lane access right at the end of the street + city park directly across the street = your new home! All that is missing from the equation is you :)
Family: Find Waldo Scavenger Hunt
When: July 1-July 31, 10am-9pm
Where: Downtown Knoxville
For locations and details on how to get started, visit downtownknox.org/waldo.
Photo Courtesy of Union Ave Books Facebook Page
Watch & Listen: Buckin' at Brushy Rodeo
When: Friday, July 5th and Saturday, July 6th, 6pm-10pm
Where: Brushy Mtn. State Pen / 9182 Hwy 116, Petros
Adults - $20 / Children Under 12 - $12 (NO Fees, FREE Parking)
Plenty to do before the rodeo so come early and tour the prison, moonshine distillery, museum, and watch the documentary in the theater, visit the gift shop, grab some food at the Warden's Table Restaurant, and enjoy a great rodeo followed by Fireworks both nights.
Have a great weekend! Let us know if you give something on our list a try!
Post a Comment